Drop off & Pick Up Procedures - Please drop off your student at the concrete pad where they will be asked to wait on the socially distanced markings to enter the building through the main door. In the event of inclement weather, form a drop off line and have your child wait in the car with you, a teacher will wave you in.
- If you are planning to stay in the parking lot, please go back around the loop and park along the West side of the parking lot. At the end of class, go around the loop again to form a pick up line near the side bay door.
- Please have your child “gymnastics ready”, this means hair pulled up, leotard on, flip flops or easy on/off shoes, and be sure to have them visit the restroom at home before class to limit the need for restroom use during class.
- The water fountain will be off limits, except to refill water bottles so please send your child with their own water bottle, clearly marked with their name.
- Students will be allowed to have 1 parent (no siblings) to enter with them, but both parent and student will have their temperature screened and must wash hands before entering the class. The parent will be encouraged to wear a mask while in the building. Due to the small size of our lobby, we will be moving preschool groups to the big gym when possible, and parents may view from socially distanced seating upstairs (limit 10).
- Upon entering the building, your child will have their temperature screened, they will wash hands, and put their water bottle and any belongings in a designated spot or cubby. If cubbies are used, they will be sanitized between classes.
- At the end of class students will all be required to wash their hands, they will gather their belongings and exit out the side door.
- Students will warm up on socially distanced spots, no large group running style warm ups will be performed.
- During rotations, each child will have their own space to perform the skills they are working on during their class. Any mats used will be sanitized between classes.
- Due to the nature of some of the gymnastics equipment (bars and beam), we will promptly wash hands after using any equipment which may not allow for between student sanitation. We have spread out our classes to allow for cleaning time in between classes, and our rotation schedules will be designed to allow for sanitization between groups. We will still require hand washing after events like bars and beam to err on the side of caution.
- Our staff has worked hard to ensure the safety of our athletes, our staff and all of their families so we ask for your compliance in all of our new procedures.
BE PUNCTUAL - It is highly important that you be on time when picking up your child. We will have a staff member waiting with the children to ensure their safety when exiting the building, but this staff member will also have other obligations in between classes so we need you to be on time to keep the gym schedule running smoothly.
- If the student or anyone in their family has been ill or is presenting symptoms of Covid-19, we ask that you keep your student home from class. The same will be asked if you have traveled to an area with high community spread determined by the local and state health departments.
Monday, February 15
THANK YOU: Wanted to say Thank you so much to all our families that have been patient with temp checks, mask wearing, sanitizing, chair and mat cleaning. We have been doing our best to keep everyone safe and it’s been great to be open again teaching the sport we love!
APOLOGY: I wanted to apologize that I haven’t kept up with newsletters since December! Meet season has kept me super busy trying to keep up with all the guidelines and restrictions we’ve had to follow with each meet location being different. I promise I will do better!
SUMMER SCHEDULE : I will have the summer schedule posted on the CATTS website by March 20.
UPCOMING CLOSINGS: We will be closed this next week for Wamego’s Spring Break as stated in the CATTS R&P. So no classes or playgroups March 14-March 21.
WEBSITE: Please check the calendar on the website if you are ever questioning our dates of closure. The website also can be a place to make your monthly payment instead of entering the facility with cash, check or card. Under the "classes" tab at the top of the page there is a "pay online" tab and that guides you to our payment portal.
AWARDS SHOW : Each May we recognize the students for their years of commitment to our program with certificates and medals or trophies. Obviously last year we were closed, then broke and trying to dig ourselves out of the hole Covid put us in. This year I will give the kids both years awards vs skipping last year. I have had several ask and it will just be easier doing it all at the same time.
PLAY GROUP: We will continue to try and offer a Friday morning playgroup for non school aged children from 10-11:30am. We are NOT meeting every week so please look at the online calendar on our website to see if we are having it. I will try to keep it updated with the current and next months.
PHP Social Stream: There is no feed data to display!